The transport and logistics industry is continuing to experience delays due to the ongoing port congestion issues and disruption to the supply chain around the world.
We are hopeful that things will start getting back to normal in the next 3 to 6 months.
Below are the most affected Ports:
- Auckland – currently seeing berthing delays of up to 2 weeks or more. Affecting vessels going to/from and Via Auckland. A Port Congestion surcharge has just been implemented.
- China/Taiwan (All Ports) – Departure delays of up to two weeks. Container Roll-overs common.
- Singapore – significant delays into and out of Singapore. Transshipment connections impacted. They seem to be handling the extra demand better than most.
- USA (Long Beach and West Coast Ports) – containers being rolled to later vessels and general port congestion leading to a delay in departures. The Rail Freight Network across the US is also experiencing delays.
- Europe (All Ports) – some delays but operating closer to advertised dates than the above-mentioned areas. High Demand for space.
These delays/congestions are also having a flow-on effect for Australian Ports. Sydney is still experiencing berthing delays and in some cases, containers are being offloaded in Melbourne and Brisbane, then moved down to Sydney to ease the pressure on the Port Botany.
It’s my recommendation that when planning for your installation/delivery dates in the future, that you allow 2-3 weeks for potential delays. As usual, we will do our best to move your shipments on the fastest possible services based on the Port of Loading and Destination. Generally speaking, demand is high out of all Ports, so please provide as much notice for new shipments as possible. Unfortunately, we don’t have a direct line to the Port Gods, so that part of the supply chain is out of our hands. Alicia and I will continue to keep you updated on the arrival of your current shipments and advise of any delays as soon as we become aware.
We appreciate your understanding as we work through these crazy times in our industry.
Don’t hesitate to call us on (03) 9596 7387 for updates or any queries.
– Brent (Team Express)